- 140,000 BTU HeatPro Heat Pump from Hayward (5 Ton)
- Compatible with Hayward, AquaLink, and Compool remote systems
- Dual Digital Electronic Thermostat control
- Continuous pool temperature display
- Easy-to-change water temperature set points, in 1° F increments
- Self diagnostic codes for troubleshooting
- 1-1/2" Slip Fittings
- Easy-access electrical panel for easier hookup
- High-Efficiency Scroll Compressor
- Pressure-tested, High-Efficiency Heat Exchanger with exclusive ArmourCoil protection
- Stainless Steel Hardware
- Compact Footprint for easily retrofitting
- Vinyl-Coated Steel Screen to protect the Corrosion-Resistant Evaporator
- UV-resistant, Treated PVC shell that won't rust or deteriorate
- Vinyl-Coated Fan Guard to protect against the elements and debris
Hayward warrants HeatPro Heat Pump to be free of defect in materials and workmanship for one (1) full year. The compressor part is warranted for five (5) years.
The EUS Heat Pump takes the heat from the surrounding air and uses it to heat the water in your pool.
During heat pump operation, liquid freon from inside the unit is pumped through the system and is turned into a heated gas. This happens when heat is taken from the surrounding air as it is drawn through the evaporator by the fan. The compressor receives this warmer gas and compresses it to a higher pressure, resulting in the freon reaching even higher temperatures. As the unit sends the heated gas through the heat exchanger, the gas gives up its heat to the surrounding water. The freon then is reverted to its liquid state which completes the cycle.
The water, which is being forced through the heat exchanger by your pool pump, is heated by three to five degrees as it passes through the heat exchanger. The water, now warmer, then flows back into your pool.